How many of you are using Safari?

Which browser do you use now? (Please try Safari first if you haven't tried it yet)

• Safari

• Internet Explorer

• Chimera

• Mozilla

• Netscape

• iCab

• OmniWeb

• Opera

Results are only viewable after voting.
You should have done checkboxes.
I use OmniWeb, Chimera, Safari, and Internet Explorer depending on what is important at that time. I find Netscape and mozilla pointless b/c of chimera, and I have no interest in iCab or Opera... neither has impressed me in any way.

I'm sticking with chimera, still my favorite browser. I have a strong emotional attachment to it ;) :p

plus, its fully open source, unlike safari, has tabs, a nicer interface, etc. etc.

I'm using Safari right now but will probably go back to Chimera until Safari gives me tabs. I'm spoiled now and almost can't stand browsing the internet w/o tabs. :(

Safari is fast and simple and renders 95% of the pages I've visited perfectly. I like it.

When it can load self-signed certificates automatically I'll like it even more!

I love Safari's speed, but it lacks some great features present in Chimera - Keychain, tabbed browsing and I can't import bookmarks from Chimera. So for now I'll stick to Chimera, but when the final release is out, it will be Surfin' Safari for me!

iSwitched

Chimera will remain my default browser until : * Safara remembers where to open the browser window
* allows me to disable animated gifs
* has better CSS1&2 support

in another newsgroup i read that:

holding down "alt" and clicking at a URL in safari will wipe out the entire hard disk ... there were more reports on that. It mustn't be a hoax.

well, that's not great news
I gave it a run though, (before reading this) and it's fine. But i need a good unicode, so OmniWeb is 1st choice and Chimera 2nd

As of my post - 104 votes in for Safari!!! #1 by a great, great ditance! Wow!
#2 - being the closest yet is way far far behind in votes is Chimera with 19 votes.

Everyone else is getting beat misserably! Heh. :)

Originally posted by theo
holding down "alt" and clicking at a URL in safari will wipe out the entire hard disk ...

Uhuh... sure... I find that one hard to belive...
And for what reason would anyone hold down alt?

And for what reason would anyone hold down alt?
more to the point wouldn't one have to have an "alt" button in the first place? mac keyboards have control, option and apple buttons :eek:

(yea, yea, i know - option is alt. but only pc users call it alt :D )

On my system I think Chimera is still faster, so I've stuck with it. The tabbed browsing is nice, but I don't really use it enough to take advantage of it.

Has anyone else found Chimera faster than Safari?

When I say Chimera is faster, I mean at loading pages. Safari is faster starting up for the first time after a restart.

Back