How many users ordered the beta?

Matrix Agent

Masochist Mascot
I just read of microsofts website that 144,000 preview copies of the OS were sold. I think Apple sold about 100,000? Not bad seeing how microsoft has 15 times the market share and half the price of the OS X beta! Good things are a comin!

we better not ask that... I know that the number of leaked XP OS's are around by the 1000's. I know of at least 5 people that have a version of XP.

we better not ask that... I know that the number of leaked XP OS's are around by the 1000's. I know of at least 5 people that have a version of XP.

I have gotten their public beta for my pc just for some games and junk) I looked at it objectively and it is tolerable. Though I think 10.1 will be much better (and faster).

winXP will also require a minimum of 128Mb RAM so one has to bear that in mind (lol an other OS X copy lol..the RAM requirements :p)

I tried installing a friend's beta on my VPC but it would upgrade neither my NT nor my ME so I said to hell with it. When it comes out I will get my dept to buy it lol :p (we have a site license for testing it on my VPC should be no prob :p)

Admiral

The main problem with XP is that so many drivers are still unsupported. I think that it will take most of the 2000 drivers.

The nice thing is that when you install XP, it installs everything for you if it has the drivers. In a sense, it is more like installing on a Mac than on a PC. It looks a lot nicer too. Windows has their own version of Aqua including shadows and transparency.

Back