How might I rip addresses out of MSN?

dirtbagg

Registered
MSN has recently announced that they will no longer support MSN for the Mac. Instead they suggest we use our browser. I'vde never used MSN, but my wife does and I'm looking to get her into Entourage (which I use at work & home). It's all up n' runnin' but Ican't figure out how to get her addresses out of MSN and into Entourage. I'd be grateful for any help...ttfn Dirtbagg

I'm not sure if I'm reading your question correctly, but Microsoft is NOT discontinuing MSN Messenger for Mac, only the browser and ISP support (which, to my understanding, is a competitor to the dumb-it-down browsing ideas of AOL).

What "addresses" are they? If you're referring to e-mail addresses that might be associated with some in-built MSN e-mail client, I'd be surprised if MSN browser didn't just tap into MSN messenger for storing your address book...

If so, you should be able to sign into MSN Messenger with your MSN details and see all your contacts. If not, you'll need to export the addresses from MSN.

If there's no "Export" command in the File menu, I'd just send an e-mail to yourself with EVERYONE on your list as a Carbon Copy (CC) saying something about how you're forced to change your ISP, and so your e-mail address is now going to be such and such.

Then, in Entourage, open the message and save each of the addresses in the CC field of the message (I'm assuming that Entourage makes this Mail.app easy).

Sorry to be confusing, but this one is challenging me! I've got an MSN contact database filled with addresses, phone #s, and multiple eMail addresses. I need to export them to Entourage or Mail.
I've tried eMailing the vCards to myself, but when I open them in either Mail or Entourage, there's no data. MSN's got no export option that I can find. I run OS X exclusively, so I don't have Outlook or Outlook Express. MSN doesn't synch to a Palm, so that avenue, which I've used before, seems closed. This will probably be a muti-set operation, but, right now, I don't know what else to try.

Finally, to clarify matters, check this link about MSN:

http://apple-x.net/modules.php?op=m...&POSTNUKESID=8fc97f0ba8738e93b093e655160de9fd

ttfn Dirtbagg

Back