How much do you charge for graphical freelance works?

Giaguara

Chmod 760
Staff member
Mod
How much do you charge - or your graphical friends do charge - when doing offsite projects, freelance works etc - web graphics, html coding, photoshop retouching of images, sites from scratch etc - .. and where [country or city] and with how much experience and with what title?

I'd like to know how much to charge for certain works, so ... anyone doing any freelance graphical stuff in NY, SF, LA etc? Or have any idea about the fees that are in the limits of the normal? Or how much do this kind of works get paid in Europe?

I understand if no one wants to answer but ... pleeease ...

:rolleyes:

freelance work in SF can go for anywhere between $25- a couple grand depending upon the employer, Quality, Quantity, and size

Hm. I think i forgot to specify the amounts .. $/hour for small projects or $/page [of static html / some php?] ... otherwise, how do you determine the amount or guess how long it will take? If a bigger project.. could you please give a link to a similar sized site (or your project, if it'll feel better) or work and about $, more or less ..

If you know the general prices in your city .. they'll be nice. Maybe it'll be curious to see how big differences there are in different cities.. when the works can be comparable ...

;)

Gia.

I've seen $3000 for one add, ready to print in magazines + external costs.
That's something like $500 to $1000/day. The graphic neing already defined. You can also have re-use fees, like 10%-20% of the first fee.
But this was 2-3 years ago. Now we don't pay for that anymore... we just hired a guy who does that and webmaster, bought him a PC with software... it's much cheaper and the result is as good, maybe less innovative (this is not the right word, but less "disturbing") as he is working only for us.

i always charge hourly myself, because different clients can require more or less work for the same project depending on how picky they are... the pickier they are the more time spent, the more time spent, the more money they pay IMO

i charge about 25/hour (always negotiable)

I've decided not to work on $ bth. It doesn't work out for me. Instead i decide how much a project should cost depending on the size of the project (icon, website, magazine ad). But usually my costs are within the $20 area for anything.

Don't know if this helps... we charge 400$ pesos ($40 dollars) per hour of work but we have some standards for websites (100$ dollars/plain HTML) and newspaper adverts (depending size) as well as for books (depending size, number of images, etc.) ... we don't negotiate our design prices, instead we'll do some adjustments on developing, programing, etc... we don't de the code stuff, just design, so we sub-contract devs to do that kinda work and we ad between 10 & 20% to what they ask...

Mexico City.

Back