How much do you pay for broadband?

Gia: Did you mix up the up/down rates or do you _really_ upload much faster than you download? Strange... I've got the same service as Ora myself. Pretty content with it, too. It's 3.6 Mbps down, 0.6 Mbps up IIRC. Compared to other countries' services, we're ripped off, of course, but that's how the lack of competition works here. We pretty much only have one cable service (Cablecom) competing with Bluewin's ADSL, since all other ADSL services have to buy from Bluewin (Swisscom). At least we don't have monthly download size limits. That'd *really* put me off.

From Clix, Portugal:
DSL 12 Mbps download speed
20 GB download limit
+ phone line with free calls to the whole country from 9pm til 9am

All for € 29,90 ($38).

ISP: SHAW
Type: Cable
Package: Extreme-I
Downstream: 7-9Mbps (depending on time of day - package rated for 7Mbps)
Upstream: 1Mbps (rarely drops below that)
Quota: 100GB / mo
Price: $49.99 / mo (CDN)

There is a new package they started offerring, but its too expensive for me: 25Mbps Down / 1Mbps Up, 150GB transfer per month for $99/mo.

GCI WirelessNet
Up to 256/56Kbps - $49.99/mo. -Single Use
2 email addresses
5 MB of storage/per email account
Free Email Guard anti-virus & spam protection with each address
5 MB of web space
2,048MB included monthly throughput, 1¢ per MB charged when going over the monthly throughput.

Comcast users: Does anyone know why I am paying more than $79 a month for Comcast ISP (no cable TV)? Is it because I live in California and Comcast rates vary regionally?

Provider: Stanford
Pay: $50,000 per year
Speed: 100Mbps
Type: Gigabit Fiber?
Download Limit: None

Yeah it's pricy, but I don't see anyone else here with those speeds! Haha, of course, that $50k does go to pay for a bit more than just internet...

BeThere.co.uk -- The offer is 24meg down / 1.3meg up, but I don't actually receive that (of course)!

I actually get a pretty constant 16 down / 1 up..... fantastic!!

Price: £24 pm + £4 pm for a static IP.

Back