How Much is my G4 350 worth?

Dave N

My OS X Goes to XI
I'm going to put my mac up for sale and get an iBook, and I'm wondering if anyone out there can help me price it? I plan to try and sell this locally first, since shipping would be a hassle. I've checked eBay prices, but I plan to sell it in a university town, and people here tend to pay less than eBay price. I'm looking for a "real world" price. Here 'tis:

G4 350 MHz
AGP Graphics (just replaced fan on video card)
512 MB (256+128+64+64)
20 GB HD (I replaced the 10 GB drive)
Original G4 keyboard (small)
Original G4 mouse (works well)

17" Apple Studio Display (Blue/White "G3" type)

This system wil be 3 years old in December. I am the original owner.

All OS 9.0 OEM install disks
OS 10.1 - Full install retail box version, includes developer tool CD
OS 9.2 - Full install CD that came w/10.1

VirtualPC 3.0 (NOT OS X compatible)
(includes Win98 SE CD and license)

I had been looking for one of these. And found that on ebay they end surprisingly high... 500's some times even 800...

I think selling it for 400-500 would be good. You also might want to try selling the monitor seperate.... you might get a better deal.

I am G4less and really wish I had the money to buy one, any one right now.

I'd trade you a iMac DV 400 192 MB of ram, and a brand new 40 gig Maxtor (7200RPM) Hard drive... in original box and Im sure I have all the cd's.

But it sounds like you want to go portable... and I also have an iBook and know that this iBook isnt going anywhere, its my baby =D!

Email me or IM me (AIM/iChat) if your interested in trading... not that you would be =D.

Good luck!

Alex,

Thanks, but no thanks on the trade offer:)

I need then money from the G4 to help pay for the iBook. I almost ordered one this past week, but there have been a couple of threads saying the new iBooks or new Powerbooks will be coming out at the end of October. That would be great if the new Pwerbooks came out and I could get a good deal on an "older" model. I'm hoping....

I haven't put it up for sale yet. I'm going to wait until I get my Powerbook/ibook in hand before I sell it, because it's the only computer I have at home....

well we just sold a 500mhz B&W G3 for 250 without a keyboard/mouse or monitor...

Im guessing about 300-350$ for the whole setup...

hey kommakazi where did you get your g4? i mean thats a great price, i cant find any better like that for less than like $500!

I have a 400mhz lime imac with a brand new 60GB Maxtor hard drive. Im running os 9 and jaguar, currently jaguar though. Its got 320MB's ram, all the cd's for software, manuels too, and also many many programs such as adobe photoshop 7.0, adobe illustrator 10, Livestage professional 4, itunes 3, macromedia dreamweaver 4, quicktime 6 professional, roxio toast 5 pro, quake 3 arena and team arena, x-plane, and plenty more...I was just wondering if anyone would like to trade me for any kind of g4 please. i would be willing to pay an extra $100 probably, depends on what g4 it is though.
Thanks

Back