How much RAM?

How much RAM does your main Mac (the Mac you use most) have?

• 64 or less

• 1 GB

• 1.5 GB

• 2 GB or more

• Other... (name it on your post)

Results are only viewable after voting.
384, by lucky accident. told the people at my mac-store (not an apple-store) that i wanted 256 mb, but they thought i meant additional to the 128 that was in the factory set-up. Lucky me :)

note that i have maxed my plus out!:D

Originally posted by Stridder44
I just wanted to see how much RAM on avarage people had...so how much do you have? I have 512. :D

I have 1024mb. :D

That is, that 256mb came with the 933, I took 256 from my pIII 800, and eventually bought a 512mb chip.

Since I only have 3 slots, and can go up to 1.5gigs, not really worth maxing it out.....unless 512mb chips drop to $40can each. *l*

Originally posted by OmegaMan
I have 1024mb. :D

That is, that 256mb came with the 933, I took 256 from my pIII 800, and eventually bought a 512mb chip.

Since I only have 3 slots, and can go up to 1.5gigs, not really worth maxing it out.....unless 512mb chips drop to $40can each. *l*

Hehe My mac dealer in Toronto will swap my old chips for larger chips as long as im buying the newer chips from him...he has even swapped out two 256 boards for a 512 for nothing for me before.......Let me know if you need the hook up....i can get killer deals on custom built systems......i swapped out my Geforce 2 MX 32mb card for a Geforce4 mx 64mb(brand new just pulled) for $60. He give solid deals all the time...and it a real straight shooter...no bullshit...he tried to actually get me to not buy a new system and tried to get me to upgrade my old system cause it would be cheaper for me!...now thats a solid mac guy.

I voted 384 as that's what I have in my desktop. Soon to be 640 though when I finally get my new iBook!

You can't have too much RAM can you?!

What's the truth? Is the only way to make sure you get good ram buying it from apple... or is there any other, cheaper, ways of getting your hands on it (gee, sounds like im talking about heroin)? Read a lot about people in this forum who was having problems until they got rid of non-apple ram. or is it just freak chance, and we just read the bad stories cuz more often people post about problems than about success, and therefore you get a very misleading picture?

regards
kallikanzaroi

Well here's my success story to show it's not all doom and gloom.

I bought some 'generic' pc133 sdram from my old G3 and had no issues at all - plug 'n' play! Bought from my local PC World if I recall correctly.

Back