How much space does SL require to operate?

jwolf6589

Registered
I am down to 26GB free on my drive. How low can I go to keep SL running properly? I also have 4GB's of RAM which has drastically helped the Mac run smoother over the 2GB my MacBook shipped with. One of these days I am gonna get a larger internal drive. I fear having to recreate my bootcamp partition and reinstall Windows, as it was a painful process.

Thanks..

Your Mac requires that at least 10% of its hard drive capacity remain as free space for the virtual memory system operate properly. If the total capacity of your hard drive is 260 GB or less, then you are OK. If your total capacity of greater than 260 GB, then your free capacity is below the 10% threshold.

My Mac's capacity is 160GB. However I formatted my Mac drive for 130GB and the Windows drive for 30GB. So basically the Mac cant get lower than 12-13GB's free.

My Mac's capacity is 160GB. However I formatted my Mac drive for 130GB and the Windows drive for 30GB. So basically the Mac cant get lower than 12-13GB's free.
If your HFS+ partition is 130 GB and you have only 13 GB free capacity on that partition, then you are on the knife's edge. You need to larger hard drive.

Back