How pretty...

Lazzo

Registered
Hi folks!

This is fun - I had this on a boot-up one morning about two months ago. fsck'd, everything fine again - today I got the same thing when inserting a PC floppy, followed by a crash. The pic attached isn't very clear, but the experts around here will know what's going on.

As there doesn't seem to be any damage, I am only curious about the cause!

Cheers, Lazzo

Attachments

• dcp_0208.jpg
    dcp_0208.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 68
I'm pretty sure that's called a kernel panic. I had it once or twice...You can search this forum for "kernel panic" and I bet you'll find out more about it...cuz honestly, i don't know much about it.

Originally posted by IceDogg25
I'm pretty sure that's called a kernel panic. I had it once or twice...You can search this forum for "kernel panic" and I bet you'll find out more about it...cuz honestly, i don't know much about it.

It is a kernel panic; the kernel could not get some kind of a lock--unfortunately, the picture is not clear enough and/or there is not enough information in the message to guess what caused it.

Hi again folks,

Sorry, I neglected to mention that I already knew it was a kernel panic.

Today's little stunt occured when I put a PC disk in the Teac floppy drive, five seconds later the screen displayed the panic and the Mac froze up.

Sorry about the pic, I couldn't get a decent shot.

ladavacm: I have since put the offending article in my PC and discovered a 'netsys' file on it, (immediately tried to bugger up my PC) which I think PC operators use to set up networks. You write that the kernel could not get some kind of lock - do you think the 'netsys' file was trying to execute itself, and actually GOT SOMEWHERE?

Horror of horrors!

Cheers, Lazzo

Back