how to burn 7B49

spitty27

Apple Avid
since these came in .dmgparts again, i was wondering how to do this. before, i mounted the main dmg in disc copy, and that loaded all the parts. i dragged the mounted image onto toast, and burned it. it worked fine. now i tried doing the same with toast 6, didnt work, and toast 5 didnt either. i hold c and it doesnt pick it up. if i double click the installer, it says to load the installer from the Mac OS X Install Disc 1 cd. ive wasted 2 cd's already and dont wanna waste anymore. cud someone tell me how to burn this dang thing?!

If I understand you correctly, the only way to install CD1 is to leave the CD in the tray, go to System Preferences, and click on the Start Up disk, and start up with the CD. It was the only way I was able to install 7B49.

Imagine - you mean to say you also got those errors? i double clicked the "Install Mac OS X" icon, and it gave an error. i held "c" and it loaded my regular disc. i didnt have any of these issues with previous builds. ill try it out and let ya know

Yep, the new Disk Utility is a bit retarded, if you ask me.

1.) Eject any CD you have in the drive now.
2.) Drag the disk image into the left side of the Disk Utility window.
3.) Select the image you dragged in.
4.) Go Images>Burn. It will open the drive for the CD to burn on.

The rest should be self explanatory. ;)

but last time i tried, it said no recorder found, leading me to believe that its not supported by osx natively...is there a way to do it in jaguar with toast 5 or 6?

i do all my burning in jag with disk copy

menu > burn image > select the first dmg file and your off

i just burned 7B49 from toast 5 3 days ago.

i took the main .dmg file dragged it to the BURN CD IMAGE . pressed the red button and that was all:)

i got cd1 to burn....but when i loaded it in my drive, it went REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLY slowly....i checked the iBook and it was slow too. at first it didnt boot off from it, then i restarted and hit "c". the comp looked like it failed so i let go, 20 mins later it did the configuring installation. the whole installer ran 10 tims as slow, and after 40 minutes of installing, it gave an error while installing, and it booted off from firmware when i started up. i had to revert back to 44. i think ive had enough, im gonna wait for GM and reformat and install.

Back