How to burn CD-RW ver CD-R

jkohler22

Registered
I have a Ti 550 with a combo drive. How do I burn CD-RW discs? I have tried Burn and Toast 5.1 but everytime I end up making CD-R discs. The discs read well have being created, but I cannot rewrite. In fact OS X, the icon has CDR not CDRW on it, even a new CD-RW disc. My CD-RW discs are 4x speed.

I need help, I am new to CD burning.

i'm not sure where your problem is but part of it might be a confusion over how to rewrite. you cannot directly rewrite over a disc. you must erase it first. so any info you want to keep needs to be moved to another drive first. then go to recorder/disk info and choose to erase.
btw - i'll do my best to help you with how to's in toast but i don't know squat about disc burner.

Another element of confusion here is that neither finder disc burn nor disc copy will do multi-session discs. That is, they're closed every time you burn, CDRW or not.

Toast is a bit different. The preview releases would not do multisession, but the final, released version is supposed to be able to. I've not tried it yet, but the buttons are enabled (just like in 9.x), so it should work just like before - import the existing sessions and go (assuming, of course, that the disc has not already been closed).

i thought of that too kenny, but thought i would approach this one topic at a time for the noobie's sake.
btw - i just burned a data cd session from the new release and it went well. i assume i will be able to add another later if i want. maybe i will test it for the point of this discussion.

Fair enough. I did just try multisession under Toast, and it seems to work just fine, BTW..

You have to erase the disk first.
Use the disk copy utility supplied in the utilities folder. Once launched select the inserted CD and click on the erase tab. Follow the instructions and voila after you quit you will get the message asking to mount a CD-R disk.

Took me a while to figure this out and I must say it is not intuitive.
regards
John

Back