how to change the national flag on the keyboard

garfildo

Registered
The various keyboards configurations come with a national flag. It is possible (although it takes some fiddling) to set up special keymaps and have them work under OSX. However they come with a generic keyboard icon. Is there a way to set up a special icon for them just as for the national flags accompanying localized keyboards?

many thanks in advance for your help

garfildo

Go into the System Preferences and open (Damb, I can't remember) either the Keyboard preferences or International. One of them will have the option to change what your looking for.....:)

Hi Isometric

Thanks for your answer but what i was asking was not so simple (otherwise I would have been happy). What i mean is to create a new (flag-like) icon for a new keyboard I wish to add to OSX.

best regards
garfildo;)

The flag does exist, but when you only have one keyboard layout there is no point of showing the flag :p The flag is not a decorative element :p The flag is there to show you in what layout you are in. If you want the flag to show go into to the international control panel, under keyboard and then just check off one more keyboard (doesnt matter which one) and voila! You've got an american flag on your menu :p

Thanks Garfildo. I'm gonna try that too, but there is one problem, I can't understand French. Finnish, English, Swedish and German are not problem, but this French is..

Thanks to all for your answers.

I'll post instructions on how to customize the OSX keyboard as soon as I have solved the flag problem.

garfildo

Back