How to convert a dvd to mp3 to ipod

felo500

Registered
I've been trying this for a while now to no avail. I have a concert (which I own, no worries there) on a dvd and would like to convert each song separately to mp3 format to then put on my ipod 3rd generation (not interested in video nor can I because of my ipod). What applications could I use to do so? I have already tried handbrake and mactheripper, but after some conversions I dont know where or what to use next? Thanks for any help offered.

One option is to use iMovie to extract the audio track from the video track. You could then take it into Sound Studio, and break it into the songs that you wanted. From there you could use iTunes to convert the extracted audio tracks to .mp3 or .aiff or whatever you want them to be.

I'm partial to Audio Hijack myself. I would just start up a movie in Quicktime Player and "hijack" the audio that I wanted, releasing and recording at my chosen intervals. It's not technically "free", but it'll record audio from any application. I use it to record DJ'ing sessions, and it gives me CD-quality results every time. Audio Hijack is shareware with a 10 minute limit on recording.

Just my 2 cents.

I stand with WireTap; used it for a few months now and find it flawless. Of course like adambyte mentioned it records everything, so if you're getting IMs, or you set an alert sound off they'll be included too.

Your best bet would be to use something like HandBrake, then open the movie in QuickTime Pro and export the audio as a full quality .wav file, then open that in iTunes and convert it to MP3 or AAC format.

The QuickTime idea is kind of overkill, at least lengthwise of the file(s) he's trying to create. It sounds like there're multiple songs within the whole audio track. I recommended Audio Hijack b/c it could break the track into chosen intervals, and could technically do it for free if you just restarted the program every ten minutes.

Thanks! I used handbrake, then QT pro and finally itunes to go from wav to mp3, fortunately the files were separated automatically from the dvd so I didn't have to split anything just the ripping of the tracks took a long time doing it one by one.
:D

Back