how to crash a mac

theed

Registered
not that I'm recommending anyone do this ... ever. But here's how I crashed mac OS 10.2 on my dual G4 450 tower.

First, be a dumbass and open the computer case while it's running... that doesn't hurt anything mind you, but these two things are essential to the process.

Two, notice how dusty the top of the DVD drive is and go grab a moist paper towel to clean out the dust ... no no, wait, it gets better.

After cleaning off the DVD drive and seeing that it's now shiny and nothing has gone wrong, now begin looking for other things in the computer that need to be dusted. Oh, yeah, do you see it coming yet?

Make a brief mental note that your Radeon video card is awfully dusty, and say out loud as you swipe lightly for dust across your video card with a dampened paper towel, "This is about the dumbest thing I could be doing."

Now make note that your monitor has stopped displaying web pages, and now displays random colored full screen height vertical stripes. pause. say "I'm a dumbass." And hit the reboot button.

Write about it on a forum while watching Lord of the Rings. Ponder how much a new video card costs. Be thankful you can look up prices online on your still functioning computer. ... and re-enable internet sharing since it always turns itself off at reboot.

-edit- I misspelled dumbass in one of the references above. Shouldn't have wandered outside of OmniWeb I guess.

Ever tried to cool your operating CPU with water ? Very nice effect.

(! Beware they are high voltages in the power supply, and high current capabilities on the main board.... it can hurt badly !)

lol, that's funny...but sad. I feel for you man, really. :(
Now for my tip: if you have a clam shelled iBook and the left shift key stops working, hit it really hard with your fist. if it still doesn't work (like mine isn't now) hit it even harder. and then when it starts making funny noises make a mental note to yourself that the HD is right underneath that shift key that you have now just slammed with your fist.

*sigh*

Back