How to get ASP working on OS X?

since Sept. 18th I have had Thousands of infected IIS servers contact my machines with over 100,000 request probes designed to totally screw up IIS servers running asp scripts.

You must be Joking.

look into JSP

Apache Tomcat runs very well on apache servers.
And is supported by 100% pure Java.

not 100% pure crap.

While I agree that asp sucks (I prefer PHP), I also would like to know how to install asp on X because how great would it be to be able to develop anything, anywhere and put those crappy NT servers out of business, there are too many sites that run ASP to ignore it, so if we can develop asp on a mac that is one less pc bought and if we can host asp on a mac then that is one less NT server out there in the world.

M$ is so strongly against open source.

who needs windows 2000 if we could make it better.

ASP Active Scripting PAGES is a microsoft product/technlogy.

it could be portable

what is required? a basic interpreter?

preceded by OLE ....

All microsoft dlls "could" be ported to Unix.

However Ballser says, "OPEN SOURCE is a CANCER to the INDUSTRY."

so what do you think the chances are?

If I'm not mistaken- ASP is popular because it is easy to use and extremely
fast.

The reason for both of these is that it is coded directly into NT's kernel and then used by IIS.

When compared to all the other viable alternatives- why bother with proprietary ish that melds with your kernel?
-stephen

So after a week of work on OS X Server i've tried out 2 apps..

1) Apache::ASP
An Apache-Perl module that (they says) let Apache Server run ASP... i've tried to install it with CPAN... no results....

2) Instant ASP 2.0
Very simple to istall and manage, but too expensive ($ 933)... and....
the ASP works fine, but if u wanna connect to a .mdb u have to create a link to a runninge Windows NT/2000 Server running Microsoft Access itself... so why I have to pay so much if i cannot burn/destroy/kick my NT shit server???

I WANT RUN ONLY OS X SERVER!!!!

So for me the solution is only 1...
Have an OS X Server where i run the 99% of my websites that support Perl, HTML, SWF or PHP...
and have a NT server too (bleach!) where i HAVE to run only the websites that use ASP technology...:(

Originally posted by darksun
So after a week of work on OS X Server i've tried out 2 apps..

1) Apache::ASP
An Apache-Perl module that (they says) let Apache Server run ASP... i've tried to install it with CPAN... no results....

I WANT RUN ONLY OS X SERVER!!!!

So for me the solution is only 1...
Have an OS X Server where i run the 99% of my websites that support Perl, HTML, SWF or PHP...
and have a NT server too (bleach!) where i HAVE to run only the websites that use ASP technology...:(

you have mod_perl working?

you should try to build the module manually

perl 5.6.1 might also be better option.

a free perl module vs. a big license payment to M$...hmmmmmm...tough choice

that company probably has to pay a big chunk of that money to M$.

Back