How to make a movie from my display???

wicky

play thing
I need to provide a training video, to demonstrate a content management system that we have built. The easiest way would be to show a movie of it in action.

Can anybody tell me how I go about saving a quicktime movie (or similar), of what I am doing on the screen (similar to a screen grab, but moving image), and how I go about about creating an appropraite voice over so that I can provide instructions?

Is there a way to do this without using a Gen Lock?

I'm looking to produce something similar to a conventional software training DVD.

Many thanks.

There are a few others, such as Screen Movie Recorder and Movie Grab, and ScreenTool, but Snapz Pro crushes them in terms of features and performance. I've never even been able to get 10fps with anything but Snaps Pro, even when only capturing small areas of the screen. Snaps Pro is much faster. Plus it can capture sound, too.

Of course, for a tutorial, it's possible you don't need great performance. A choppy cursor is not the worst thing in the world — it might even be what you want.

There's also Display Eater, but I've never tried it myself, so I can't say how it compares.

Back