How to make Slave HD FTP accesable?

is there anyway i can make files on my slave 80 gig drive available via ftp? my master drive is to small to put all my mp3's on, and i would like to make my collection available for download. (basicaly for me to get them on my dads pc with out burning a billion cd's)

can anybody help me out?

Umm, this is also a question that I have... I have a 120GB with all my digital video from my dv camera along with my, let me stress this per deletion/modification/banning, Legal collection of MP3 Audio in which I have paid for every single one on there, which I would like to have available while I am at work (all within fair use laws). Until I get my iPod, this seems to be the only way to do this (luckily I have broadband available at both locations).

So, is there any way to do this?

the information would only be accessable by me. under private login. so its not warez at all.... nor anywere close to it. just simple file moving... please...

dont bring back the civil wars guys, please? it really killed this site. and i dont want to see it go down the drain completly.

I said I was going to let it go.. :p Go ahead. I'll delete that post. Sorry..

I guess I'm a bit overzealous. I'll give you guys more slack as far as this stuff goes.

It's pretty simple. Just cd to /Volumes/slavehd. In a graphical FTP client, just go up to the root level of your hard drive (/) and then double click on the "Volumes" folder. Your slave hard drive should be in there, as well as your main master hard disk.

Thanks alot!! Worked great... I usually just used the Windows Explorer (no Mac at work :( ) but using a FTP client also downloads faster!

Back