How to Mount a .vmdk on Mac OS X

A quick look at wikipedia shows that VirtualBox (free form Sun) can run it - try that.

That is assuming you lack VMqware which is the program it was made in I guess.

Did you actually try my suggestion? vBox can apparently run vmdk images which should let you edit files within them.

Do you have VMware? That is where this image file seems to have come from so that is the first thing to try.

I gave you a suggestion based on about 0.5 seconds of google/wikipedia work (not exactly hard) and your reply suggests you didn't even try my suggestions. You didn;t actually provide any particularly useful info either so I can;t really give you any more help than I already have. I would recommend you read this especially this bit.

Did you actually try my suggestion? vBox can apparently run vmdk images which should let you edit files within them.

Do you have VMware? That is where this image file seems to have come from so that is the first thing to try.

I gave you a suggestion based on about 0.5 seconds of google/wikipedia work (not exactly hard) and your reply suggests you didn't even try my suggestions. You didn;t actually provide any particularly useful info either so I can;t really give you any more help than I already have. I would recommend you read this especially this bit.

Sorry :(

I have to run a Mac program on the drive so I can do what I want, so that is why I can't use Virtualbox (Unless it can mount disk images in the host system).

Use VMware Fusion if you need it on a Mac, jambo28.
Create a VM of the OS and specifics that you know of that VMDK - so e.g. Windows XP if that is what the vmdk disk is for. The OS for the new VM needs to be of the same OS as the OS on that vmdk file (or as close to it as possible).
After it's been created, point the VM to the vmdk for it's HD.
If it's set for a wrong OS, e.g. Linux when the vmdk contains the hd for XP it won't be able to work with it.

Once you have installed virtualbox, you have command line tools that come with it to allow virtual drives file formats translation:
$ VBoxManage internalcommands converthd [-srcformat VDI|VMDK|VHD|RAW]
[-dstformat VDI|VMDK|VHD|RAW]
<inputfile> <outputfile>
converts hard disk images between formats

Hope it helps. Ch.M.

obama6493, if you are actually in this thread for finding a solution to the technical problem #1 Rhapsody asked help for two years ago, there are plenty of other methods described between the first post and your post in this thread. So perhaps you can find some other ways by just reading this page.

Back