How to open .DMG NOT in OSX

get OSX ;-)

Seriously, tho, there are a lot of threads on this already and most end with asking why you want to mount it, since DMGs are usually for OSX apps.

I know there is a thread here specifically on burning DMGs on platforms other than OSX. (it's <a href="http://www.macosx.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=21748&highlight=DMG">here</a>

I know, not an answer, but I have seen a lot of threads so I'd suggest just do searches.

Thanks, since I posted this I found Disc Copy. I'm on OS 9.2 on a G4 so its like OSX in classic mode. Weird thing is some of my .DMG's in Disc Copy don't work so I'll continue looking. Thanks again!

I guess a good start would be - what is "not OS X"? The question looks very different if you mean "Linux, not OS X", "Windows, not OS X", "OS 9 not OS X"...

Sorry, you have OS 9, I missed that. In that case, my answer is, "Sorry, I don't even know where to start looking"

Originally posted by TribalMKIV
Thanks, since I posted this I found Disc Copy. I'm on OS 9.2 on a G4 so its like OSX in classic mode. Weird thing is some of my .DMG's in Disc Copy don't work so I'll continue looking. Thanks again!

With the release of Jaguar Apple introduced an updated .dmg format. Sicne they have officially stopped developing for OS9, I doubt you'll see an update for the OS9 version of Disk Copy that will open newer .dmg formats

Do oyu know the version, because I downloaded a version off the makers site. Also, is there anything I can do with a PC with these files? I'll continue to search but some pointers would be great I'm on a time limit. Thanks again guys!

Roxio Toast can moung .dmg's in 9.2. Yeah it's a pricy program, but if you already have it for burning cds, you can use it to mount dmg's. I've found this is the only way to mount them in 9.2 unfortunately, as this is something i need to do every now and again. oh well...

Originally posted by unlearnthetruth
Roxio Toast can moung .dmg's in 9.2.

Can the Windoze version (Roxio Easy CD Creator) open DMGs as well?

I know it sounds like a weird question, but as it happens, yesterday I had trouble opening a file on OS9. I needed some pieces that were locked in a DMG to open the file correctly, and the OS9 machine was busy for another reason, so I wanted to go to my windows machine and extract the pieces from the DMG, dumping them on the shared network so the OS9 machine could pluck them up quickly when it bacame available again....

Now that I typed it out, it sounds even weirder...!

Back