How to print a list of mixed files

Algalli

Registered
I have a folder which contains jpg and pdf files. When I go to print the list the JPGs print as pictures not the file name. How do I keep the jpgs from opening when I print or cut and paste?

in Mojave (and perhaps other versions of MacOS) you can you highlight one or more files in the finder and use COMMAND-P to print them. They will open in preview mode for a few seconds and then disappear, but ultimately printing on your printer.

Is that what you want to do? If not, please provide additional details and the end result you are looking for.

in Mojave (and perhaps other versions of MacOS) you can you highlight one or more files in the finder and use COMMAND-P to print them. They will open in preview mode for a few seconds and then disappear, but ultimately printing on your printer.

Is that what you want to do? If not, please provide additional details and the end result you are looking for.

Scott. Command P prints the photos and the PDF. I want to print just the list of file names. For example if the file name is Moonglow.jpg I do not want to print the picture it represents I merely want to print 'Moonglow.jpg" I have 60 files in the folder and I just need to print the list of file names

Ah!

Well, a super easy way on getting a file list is simply open up the application Terminal.

Transverse to the directory where your images are. For example, if they are in a sub-folder of Pictures folder under your User directory, in a folder called My Images...

Type in Terminal:

ls -1 ~/Pictures/My\ Images

*Note: If your folder has a space in it, just add the \ before the space as noted in the example. If there are no spaces in your folder names then you have no need of using \. The ~ simply means your user directory. If the folder is on another drive, you can do...

ls -1 /Volumes/DriveName/folder/where/my\ images/arestored/

It will output something like:

SafariScreenSnapz001.mov
SafariScreenSnapz001.png
SafariScreenSnapz002.mov
SafariScreenSnapz003.mov
SafariScreenSnapz004.mov
Scan 1.jpeg
Scan 2.jpeg
Scan 3.jpeg
Scan.jpeg

Then you can just copy and paste the list into TextEdit and print out the list.

Back