How to - take screenshot and annotate

vks_vikas

Registered
I am a new Mac user. I want to do the following stuff on Mac (which I used to do in Windows using MS Paint):

1. Take a screenshot of the desktop (or specific region)
2. Open MS Paint
3. Press Control-V (paste)
3. Draw some rectangle or write some text on the screenshot image (in paint)
4. Press Control-A (to select whole image)
5. Press Control-C (to copy to clipboard)
6. Open a new mail
7. Press Control-V (paste)
8. Write message and send mail (with annotated screenshot)

Thanks in advance for your time!

Regards,
-Vks

1. Hit command-control-shift-3 for the full screen, or command-control-shift-4 for a specific region
2. Open Graphic Converter (I believe it comes preinstalled on all Macs).

And the other 6 steps are exactly the same as what you listed, only with command instead of control.

If you'd like to save the screenshot to a file instead of to the clipboard, leave out the control key. i.e., command-shift-3 for the whole screen, command-shift-4 for a specific region. The file will be saved to the desktop.

My iMac doesn't have Graphic Converter. I searched on internet.. its not free :-( Any other free software that can be used to do the same?

I also enjoy Highlight --- very simple and straight-forward tool for "writing on the screen".

So I might take a screen shot of something, paste it into a Mail message, then use highlight to "annotate" it or circle a button that I want the recipient to pay close attention to, etc. Then, I take another screen shot and paste. Highlight is simple and free.

Back