How to transfer my addresses in address book from one email program to another.

gee82zer

Registered
I run iMac OS X version 10.5.2. Have the usual Mac Mail program, working through Embarq. There is also an email program installed by the Mac staff where I bought machine, which works off Safari, which has been set to open its first page on the Embarq page. Finally, also on advice of Mac staff, I have email program in Thunderbird from Mozilla. That seems easiest to use, but all the files holding addresses and group lists are on one of the other two. Have tried to move them to Thunderbird. No luck. Wont work. Would like to combine them all on Thunderbird. Could someone suggest if this is possible, so as to avoid adding new addresses (over 400 at this point) one at a time?
Thank you.
Avrum

I did this a while back, and the easiest way I found was to get a Plaxo account (free), and then sync Mail and Thunderbird to that account. Worked like a charm.

www.plaxo.com

Have gone to Plaxo, and downloaded, so am stuck.
Could you be more specific, or tell me where on Plaxo web site I'll find the instructions I need? I tried your web site, but it seems to be in one of the Scandinavian languages which I do not understand.
Thank you
Avrum

You need to get an account at Plaxo first. Then you download and install Plaxo for Mac. Then download Plaxo for Thunderbird, and install that in Thunderbird. Sync Mail with Plaxo first, and then sync Thunderbird. This way you get all the addresses from Mail to Thunderbird.

Back