How to Uninstall Adobe Acrobat Reader

DavidMD

Registered
Hello, everyone.

I am running Mac OS X 10.2.8 and am still using Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0. (I plan to upgrade to "Tiger," which I have, after I finish a pressing upgrade to a Web site for a nonprofit organization, iEARN , but I do not have the time right now.)

I want to install Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0.X, but I need to uninstall Acrobat Reader 5.0 first, which has placed files and folders throughout my system.

I have searched this forum for a discussion on this topic, but could find no such discussion. I also did a Web search via Google, although perhaps I used the wrong combination of key words in my advanced search.

Given the fact that the programs for the Macintosh have never offered uninstallers, manually removing programs has always been the only option. Usually, the procedure has been simple, particularly with "Classic" programs, and with simple applications for Mac OS X that have an application in a folder and a preferences file. As I stated above, however, Acrobat Reader has files and folders scattered throughout my system.

If I need to go through the tedious process of trying to determine exactly which files and folders to remove and then remove them, then I will do so. If, however, anyone knows of any on-line instructions for removing Acrobat Reader 5.0 from Mac OS X, I would appreciate your sharing any relevant URL or URLs.

(My next step will be to check Adobe's site and, if necessary, to post a message to the Adobe users' forum, although that forum is mainly used by people running Adobe's retail products and there may not be a forum for Acrobat Reader.)

Thank you very much, in advance!

Cordially,

David

Back