Hows does OSX Recover Adobe Documents

floatonok

Registered
Hows does OSX Recover Adobe Creative Suite documents after a system crash and reboot?

My second question is why can't Windows do this?

I have no intentions of starting a flame war, I am just really curious how OSX manages to do this when windows doesn't seem to have a chance in hell with this type of recovery.

Thanks!

It isn't so much your operating system that's doing it. It's Adobe, and more specifically, it's Adobe InDesign. InDesign does it on both PC and Mac. The rest of Adobe's programs aren't capable. Although it would be GREAT if they did have the automatic recovery feature. When you "save" or "save as", InDesign automatically saves a version to it's cache. When you naturally close the file or close InDesign, the cached file gets deleted.

Should InDesign crash or you suffer a power surge, InDesign will revert back to what is saved in it's cache, and open it when you open InDesign again. I've had it happen where InDesign is unable to recover my document. This is because the cached file can sometimes become corrupted also.

Keep in mind that the file gets cached only when you save it. If you start a new file, work for a few hours and never save, then the automatic recovery feature won't kick in if the system crashes.

Back