[HOWTO] - Play “movies” on an iPod photo

Zammy-Sam

Desertchild
I found an article how to make a bunch of pics out of a video and copy them to your ipod. In some kind of a manual slideshow together with sound you will be able to play back a video on your ipod using the clickwheel. Don't know if it is practical, but maybe some of you guys owning such an ipod will want to show off with this "feature". Btw, seems like the ipod screen is very much capable for video playback..
Read more HERE

...you can use my sig if you want... ;)

Just what I want to do! Spin a damn scroll wheel for 2 hours to watch a movie that doesn't even attain VHS quality! :p

Still, it's nice to know that there are people in the world innovating and "hacking" like this.

This is like the brilliant innovation people are always coming up with at high schools - a method of playing movies in the bottom right corner of a textbook.

hhhhmmmm .... i wonder why Apple never put a movie player with the i pod ..

if a phone can play video ... why not the i pod ?? hhhmm very sad .. :(

Mobile phones don't really 'play video' yet. They manage to more-or-less "play" tiny, tiny blur-shows. Nothing Apple could really live with. But I guess we'll see video playback on the iPod rather when the market's ready. And of course when H.264 really kicks in with Tiger...

I think the video playback on some phones is excellent. The video capture, however, isn't amazing. Maybe those 'tiny blur-shows' you see are just results of the camera on the phone. My Phone camera isn't amazing, but the playback is good when I am watching a movie downloaded from my Mac.

Convert said:
I think the video playback on some phones is excellent. The video capture, however, isn't amazing. Maybe those 'tiny blur-shows' you see are just results of the camera on the phone. My Phone camera isn't amazing, but the playback is good when I am watching a movie downloaded from my Mac.
What mystifies me is that phone companies put video cameras and software in their phones, but then don't include enough storage to use them.

e.g. Nokia 6822 has a video camera and only a piddling 3.5 MB of memory and no expansion slot.

Brain dead.

Kap

Au contraire. Most of the video enabled cells on the german market do have extension slots for memory up to 512mb (if not even more). I am not familiar with the brands and models but I can remember that all smartphones support additional memory.

Ceroc Addict said:
What mystifies me is that phone companies put video cameras and software in their phones, but then don't include enough storage to use them.

e.g. Nokia 6822 has a video camera and only a piddling 3.5 MB of memory and no expansion slot.

Brain dead.

Kap
Unfortunately, I don't live in Germany. ;)

I've been feeling particularly frustrated about this recently, because I've been planning on getting a new mobile phone.

The one phone that seems perfect for me would be the Nokia 6822 (except for the severely limited memory/expansion - 3.5MB in this day and age, ludicrous).

The Treo 650 is the only other worthy contender, but it's significantly heavier than I'd like.

Kap

From what I've heard, anyone from Europe, upon visiting the US, will tell you that our cellular coverage and services totally stink by comparison. Alas.

fryke said:
Mobile phones don't really 'play video' yet. They manage to more-or-less "play" tiny, tiny blur-shows.
Should take a look at new phones. Nokia's 6630, for instance.

Personally I'd just like a phone to be a phone. Had a couple of phones that tried to be PDA and such... but they were either too damn slow or they hung a lot. If I wanted something to hang on me, I'd stick to Windoze. Eventually I gave up and a year ago I got me a Nokia 6310... no colour screen, no MMS, heck, it doesn't even support EMS... but what the hey, it's a great PHONE! Standby time is a week! Hehehe...

BUT that being said, I do wish that Apple did make the iPod play movies... just so I can show off to my friends... Oh well...

Ceroc Addict said:

Brain dead.

Kap

It gets worse my friend. The GX15 has 1.8mb memory. How many videos is that? LOL.

Back