[HOWTO] - Use MSN, Yahoo!, or ICQ in iChat (Tiger only)

I followed Henry's instructions, but something must be wrong.

1) I got "registered" to yahoo and msn in Psi with 2entwine.net address, then I don't know how to "save" my preferences.

2) Anyway I quit Psi and open iChat, configure the jabber account. I can only get connected to my jabber account if I disenable the option SSL. But then I don't get my MSN or Yahoo contacts there.

Is there something I didn't do well?

Thank you!!

Eleuterio

Wow... sorry guys I should check this thread more often :)

Eleuteruiz you may be having a firewall issue like Liza was. You are correct in disabling SSL... you should have that option turned off in iChat's server preferences. Your settings should look exactly like mine in the attachment. If your settings match, you're sure you don't have a firewall issue, and you still can't see your MSN contacts, my only advice is to start with a blank slate and repeat the process again on another screen name. A lot of things have to go right for your contacts to display properly, and without having physical access to your computer as you do it is very difficult for me to diagnose the problem from here. However, if your MSN/Yahoo/ICQ contacts are showing up in Psi, they will almost definitely show up in iChat too. Play with your settings in Psi until your contacts are showing up properly, and then move on to iChat.

Attachments

• settings.jpg
    settings.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 54
i'm not sure by what you mean save your registration and quit psi. registered my three accounts, i don't see any of the people who should be on my buddy list; just 3 server looking things, then i quit, log into ichat and i've sucessfully completed set up the serveres to log into jabber, but i dont see my buddy list on ichat.

hey guys is there anyone who could voice or video chat with MSN or yahoo messenger friends? m using MSN through iChat. But here are some problems.
1. I can't have neither voice or video chat with MSN friends.
2.my friends are getting my text messages too late. But m recieving momentaly. Why so? :confused:
Pls HELP!!!!

Jabber is a very flakey way of [sort of] 'hacking' iChat to let it use MSN or similar protocols. as a result, most features don't work, and the ones that do don't work very well. iChat only supports full video and audio chats for .mac and AIM accounts.

aMSN is an MSN clone that supports video and audio chats, and although it doesn't support audio or video, Adium is the most robust of the messenger clients for the mac.

There is another messenger that supports Video, It is called Mercury. It works. I find amsn a little better though.

So is it possible to have both voice and video chat at the same time by MSN? If yes how? Lemme know pls.
Thanx.

Back