HP 2100 on Panther issues

Anim8r

Registered
OK,
My dad just got his new AIBook and really loves it, EXCEPT...

We can't seem to get his HP 2100 printer to work with the printer setup utility. The rivers are installed, the utility sees the printer, but does not offer a driver for it and he van't add it to the printer list.
This is as ar as we can tell a vanilla 2100 (not M or si or tn).

The printer is connected to the Mac via a usb/parallel converter.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks

Ian Eisenberg

gumse said:
Dont know if this helps, I have a 2100tn and it works ok in Panther
Thanks for the response...
what kind of connection are you using.
My father's printer only has a parallel port so we are limited.

I have the same problem too with my ibook G4, and the printer is HP 2110. The utility always try to open in classic and not working at all.

Same issue here. I'm trying to network my 2100. I'm using a JetDirect 600N card and it doesn't show up on our network. It gets an IP address and the config page does show the AppelTalk name and our network zone but I can't get Panther or Jaguar to see the Appletalk name. The printer is just the 2100, not the N or TN or whatever, maybe that's the problem. Any thoughts? Thanks!

I have the same problem with my 2100. I have it connected to my G4 tower with a parallel to USB adapter, and am unable to load drivers for the printer. I have found a utility that forces communication with the printer, but it will print gibberish on the first page and empty the paper tray.

I have just learned that the other models, such as the M & TN, have a 4MB DRAM module that has Adobe PostScript installed on it. I have ordered this module, and have yet to find out whether this will solve the problem or not, but I'll keep you informed. According to what I've read this should fix the problem.

I tried another driver/utility prior to installing the module, and received the same result. The paper tray was emptied, and gibberish was printed on a couple of the pages.

I installed the DIMM module, turned the printer on, and went into the printer config utility. The printer was found instantly, and I was able to print anything I wanted without errors or excessive feeding of paper.

You're looking for a DIMM module with the model number C3098A. It's rather expensive ($75.00) when purchasing this off a distributor, but I was able to pick one up on ebay for $15.00.

Good Luck

Back