hp deskjet 3845 install

lujhu

Registered
I have a deskjet 3845 and I can't seem to get the computer to recognize it.

I have installed the drivers from the hp website but when I run "printer setup" it doesn't find anything. Any suggestions?

I have an ibook G4,10.3.9

thanks

How is you printer connected ? directly via USB through airport ?

Try this : In printer set up when you click add a new window opens
check the different options within the pull down menu (top of the window with the up/down triangles), you should find it as long as the printer is connected and turned on.

check here for same type of problem/solution and do not hesitate to use the search feature of this forum :)

Hi,

thanks for the tips, but i'm still not having any success.

repairing permissions seemed to do something, but then when it found the drivers it asked to "restart the browser". Then the computer did nothing for a while (5 min). I decided to restart it...after rebooting it didn't find anything.

m

the system profiler doesn't even show anything is plugged into the usb port. Could I have a bad printer or wire?

m

lujhu said:
the system profiler doesn't even show anything is plugged into the usb port. Could I have a bad printer or wire?

m

if you're printer is new seems weird to have faulty cables, still I would check the wire first.

check to make sure the printer drivers are in library>printers

ok,

the folder
macintosh HD>users>michael>library>printers is empty,

but

HD> library> printers has a file called hp.

i don't know exactly what sort of file i am looing for. I ran a search for "drivers" and didn't find any thing interesting except a file called hewletpackardprinterdrivers.pkg, but when I ran it it said it was only a reciept.

do you know what it means to "restart the browser"? that's as far as I ever get, as soon as I say "yes" it does nothing, and then doesn't even recognize the new drivers.

m

I have just inherited an HP3845 & will be usb attaching it the my G3 running ODX 10.3.9 in the next day or so. I'll report my results then.

:(

Yes please.

I got a response from HP but still nothing. I really don't understand what "reload the browser" means.

I am having the same problem. I have an Intel Macbook Pro. Bought a hp deskjet 3845 but my mac does not recognise it. I have tried repairing permissions and everything. It is connected through a USB. I have updated all the drivers and software.

Back