HP LaserJet Stopped Printing

ldsteelman

Registered
I have a G4 dual 500 with a gig of memory. I am currently running 10.2.4. I have not been able to print to my HP LaserJet 2100m for some time now (except from Appleworks). Preview, Text Edit, Microsoft Word, Adobe Photoshop, all of these applications will not print. Each program sends the job to the printer. I have print center open and I see the job go to the printer. The light on the printer blinks and then stops. I have tried just about everything I can think of but nothing has worked.

I noticed that when I send the jobs from Appleworks, the job does not go through the print queue. It must print directly to the device, but it could be to quick for me to see. I don't want to reload the operating system. I have downloaed print center repair program, but it did not fix the program.

Does anyone have any ideas?

PS. I can print just fine to my Epson 777i inkjet printer.

Try taking the laserjet to another system (or in the case of a laptop, bring the computer to the printer).

I'd hate to say it, but try using it on a peecee if possible. That way it's a completely different OS. And if it still doesn't work....the printer might be in need of repair.

Check out HP's website....but if you try to call them, they're gonna charge you $35can for tech support. :-<

I had a somewhat similar problem with an HP2100N, except that it was only one application (InDesign) that wouldn't print. This advice from the InD forums cured my problems:

'Look in your en.lproj folder I would be willing to wager that there are two PPDs for your printer. Remove the one that doesn't have the .gz extension. then recreate the printer in the print center. '

Worth a try, even though your probs are worse than mine were.

Back