HP OfficeJet G55 Scan via USB in OS X.1.2?

tazmandevil

Registered
Hello :)
I have an iMacDV500 with this "offi", connected via USB. I have installed the new Drivers (from the HP-Webpage: "HPojG55 403_G_X_en.dmg" and "HPojG55 g_403a_en.dmg" which is the regularly linked driver package from their OS X Support Page) for the "HP OfficeJet G55" (Firmware: 4.05) about 20times with different schemes. Printing is working! but to use the "Scan"-Application seems to be impossible:

• Installation with any other Language Sets than "English"
 --> allways crashed so totally, that Aqua freezes!
• Installation with "U.S.English" L.S. the first time crashes... the next tries it says:
--> "Unable to open Device!" and then "Unable to communicate with TWAIN data source"

to prevent any tips i've already tested, here's a list of items i already tried:
• my iMac has firmware: 4.19f1, and is correct installed and is for about over 3 months absolutely stable!
• Deinstalled every(!) Part of HP Drivers, as in OS X so also in OS 9.2.2.
• Connect de Device direct via USB in the iMac.
• Download the dmg-file more than one times and with different Download-Tools, also from HP's-FTP-Server.
• tried out the "HP Scan DS" TWAIN module from installation and from a friend in the USA.
• deletet the prefs files, also the whole stuff (like HP explains it on their Website) to reinstall new.
• Eiminated every other StartupItem in the Login-Settings from SystemPreferences.

To the end i have to ensure you, that i tried also every tips together at least for about more than 5times... but there sems to be no chance!

Does someone know a solution??? ;-(

Back