HP Officejet K80 has anyone gotten it to work with Airport Extreme?

peterv6

Registered
I'm running OS X 10.6.4 on a 17" MacBook Pro. I've just replaced my Linksys wireless router because my connection would intermittently drop, and the Apple experts in support found no reason for it on the MBP. My replacement router is an Airport Extreme. Two main reasons I bought it are:
1. It runs 802.11n, and I'm hoping this will fix the connectivity problem.
2. It is advertised to support USB printers as a print server.

Unfortunately, Apple doesn't bother to mention in it's advertising that it supports some but not all USB printers. My printer, an HP Officejet K80 all in one is detected by the MacBook Pro, and I can set it up, but it won't print. The output goes to the print queue, where it says it is printing, then it disappears, and never gets to the printer. I have seen numerous internet postings saying that there are drivers for this printer that will allow it to work wirelessly with Airport Extreme, but I can't get it working. My question to all:

Is there anyone out there who has ever gotten an HP K80 to work with Airport extreme? I love the router, but if I can't get the printer working, the router goes back. It'd be much cheaper to get a different brand of router without the print server feature.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Back