HP ScanJet 5300c

MacAdvocate

Registered
Hello,

I have PowerMac G4, 1.25Ghz PowerPC, 1.25GB Ram, OSX 10.3.9, and want to use my HP 5300c scanner. I installed the HP Image Zone Ver 9.1.2 software that at least on the surface seemed to install the drivers. I am able to see the device on USB through both System Profile USB and Tech Tool pro 4. I suspect an HP driver installation problem or incorrect Driver /compatibility issue.

Any thoughts on how to verify the correct installation of the drivers, where to go to ensure that I have the correct drivers. There is no way to download software directly from HP, only through oexternal links into the HP site. If anyone knows of the correct links for the 10.3.x drivers, or have any other suggestions as to what they have done to get their HP ScanJet 5300c to work with Power PC G4 with OSX 10.3.x.

I last used the HP 5300c with my iBook G3 under OS9, though that was a pain due to CP conflicts - Luckily I still use conflict catcher - and now I need to use it with the G4 under OSX. Any insights, questions, or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your comments and insights.

MacAdvocate,

I Googled, finding some other people having issues with 9.1.2. But I couldn't find a solution specifically for 10.3.9. Someone with 10.4 got some advice from HP. If you haven't already, you may want to google "HP Image Zone Ver 9.1.2 os x".

Good luck!

Doug

Back