HP's new bluetooth headphones

drunkmac

has a mac beyond repair
HP recently released friggin bluetooth stereo headphones. Now this I think is cool. But they only work on iPaq pocket-PCs. Apparently theyre serious too because no one has gotten them to work on other things yet. But has anyone here gotten them to work on a mac? Hmm?

Actually bluetooth headsets follow a standard so that they work with any device, that supports the standard (cell phones, pcs and macs). Don't know what hp did there, but if they want those headphones only work with the iPaq.. ok, let them be. We have very good alternatives (such as logitech).

Zammy-Sam said:
Actually bluetooth headsets follow a standard so that they work with any device, that supports the standard (cell phones, pcs and macs)...

This is theory. Indeed any new headset has to pass compatibility tests as does any new handset. The reality is that quite often new handset are not compatible with old headsets.

So do bluetooth headphones exist for my 12" powerbook :) ? Id love a pair! Who makes em Zammy Zam

Now that you are saying headphones for the second time, I think you want to replace your stereo headphones with a bluetooth one. I don't know of any stereo headphones, but I know of many bluetooth headsets (mono + mic). Just some brands: Logitech (what I am using), Jabra, Bluetrek, Plantronics, Siemens... Maybe one of them even offers stereo sound?!

Back