HQX Extractions...?

White-Knight

Registered
Hi there,

I am trying my best to access the drivers for my Lexicon MX200 (Music Tech Outboard Gear) to run with my Mac. Are there any programs which can actually EXTRACT .hqx files?

This needs to be run on an Intel Based Mac!

Thanks alot peeps
White Knight :)

... Are there any programs which can actually EXTRACT .hqx files?

This needs to be run on an Intel Based Mac!

Thanks alot peeps
White Knight :)
.hqx is the extension for Binhex-ed files. It is not an encapsulation format, it is an encoding format. This is a scheme for encoding the 8-bit bytes of dual-forked Macintosh files into 7-bit ASCII text. This allows Mac files to be transported and stored on virtually any filesystem in existence.

Stuffit Expander is Universal Binary and will handle .hqx files on Intel-based Macs just fine.

I meant the extracted drivers may not work on OS X, not Stuffit.

.hqx files are for a pre OS X system

That's the second thread I see today with the answer from bobw _before_ the question of the thread starter. Are we in some sort of Star Trek time continuum problem? :)

I... don't think so. It's that Star Trek thing. Definitely. We have to rearrange some glowing plastic things or something. Geordi fixed tons of problems by rearranging those.

We have to rearrange some glowing plastic things or something. Geordi fixed tons of problems by rearranging those.
If that doesn't work, re-routing something or other past the primary coupling thingy seems to work wonders also..... ;)

thanks guys!

MX-Edit thankfully works fine (phew) and I got stuffit too! thanks alot peeps :) and yeah! Something is goin on. bobw u got a delorian at ya workstation to see into the future or somethin?

Btw.: Hiro does _not_ have the katana yet. What he's lugging around is still the fake.

Back