Hurricane Military Operation

mi5moav

Registered
A friend of mine who's mother works for one of the military contractors was telling me how they have been spraying/dropping liquid nitrogen into and around Hurricane Charley. As of two days ago this bad boy was 145 miles an hour... as it approached the warm carribean it should have actually strengthened. This program cost nearly 100 million to implement but as is the case it has probably saved south florida tens of billions in damage. Supposedly they have been testing this system off shore for some years now, however because of the freezing nitrogen certain risks may be envolved. I guess the goverment has said it was worth it this time. The plan is two slow the hurrican to under 5 miles an hour in forward movement. If this can be done the huge amount of rain that the storm generates basically drenches itself and cools of the surrounding waters so much that the hurricane basically kills itself... will see within a few days if the storm can slow from 145 miles and its 15 mph forward movement.

Is this what they are doing with Frances??? Because I wish we could finally put this storm behind us...I WANT TO GO HOME!!! :(

There is no way to halt, hinder or even slow down a hurricane. The energy involved in a tropical hurricane of this size is so immense most people can't even begin to comprehend it.

Have a look at this page, where you can find a short explanation of what I mean:

http://www.aoml.noaa.gov/hrd/tcfaq/C5f.html

Sorry to quash your hopes...

elander said:
There is no way to halt, hinder or even slow down a hurricane. The energy involved in a tropical hurricane of this size is so immense most people can't even begin to comprehend it.

Have a look at this page, where you can find a short explanation of what I mean:

http://www.aoml.noaa.gov/hrd/tcfaq/C5f.html

Sorry to quash your hopes...

I already had figured as much, considering the source... :D

Besides, I was bored from being kooked-up in the house for 3 days, so why not take a bite???... :p

mi5moav, I really wish you would get your facts straight before spouting off at the mouth and coming off like a moron.

The government didn't do this, dummy -- it was the aliens from Zoldrok. They didn't use liquid nitrogen, either, bonehead, as that would do nothing but freeze upon itself and drop to the earth, affecting not the hurricane nor anything around it. They used special alien lasers, and it was ineffective because the aliens forgot to bring sausages with them. Then, George W. Bush called the aliens on their cell phones and said for them to bug off 'cause they were cramping his interplanetary style, and they booked on outta here like you don't even know. Then we all had ice cream.

Next time, make sure to read cnn.com and don't take fake-ass stories from mothers who don't exist. Talk to the "dark side of the moon people" and you'll see that you're just wrong.

Back