Hurry up and release Leopard already!

jeepster485

Hit any user to continue
Dear Apple,

Thanks to your AppleCare repair department (the place you send all student computers to for repair), my iBook is broken. I had it sent in twice before the warranty was up for the same video problem and it happened a third time outside of warranty. The third time completely crippled the machine.

Hurry up and release Leopard already! Or at least give me a coupon for a free upgrade or something. I've been without a Mac since November, want to buy one but I will not until Leopard is out so I don't have to spend even more money for a software upgrade. I'm a college student, I'm not rich! But I'm getting sick of my PeeCee!

Also, if I purchase a Mac with my student discount and purchase AppleCare without a student discount, will the computer get sent to a different facility (I heard Apple uses different facilities for student computers than regular retail customers)? I don't want my new computer getting cosmetically, internally and functionally damaged like my old iBook the 3 times I had to get it repaired.

Sincerely,
A Broke College Student That Wants A New Apple With Leopard

Also, if I purchase a Mac with my student discount and purchase AppleCare without a student discount, will the computer get sent to a different facility (I heard Apple uses different facilities for student computers than regular retail customers)?
They don't send computers to different locations just because you used a student discount. Who told you that?!?

Ugh! Talking about AppleCare:
They do ugly tricks at Apple, believe me! Look at this:
I sent in my iBook because it had some failure, forgot what it was. The one I got back wasnt mine! It had a red line across the top, which looked like dry, smudged lipstick. And it was permanent! I couldnt get it off. Then I sent it in again, half a year later for a diff. thing, and I got again a different laptop. This time it had three heavy scratches on the right bottom side of the top of the iBook. I wondered how that could happen. I asked some people I knew and they said:
If you send in your broken Apple, you want it back. Fast. They dont actually repair your iBook, the just put it in the pile and send you a different one, with all the same specs, that they just clean-wiped. Then everything goes faster and we're all happy! Well that's wrong! So never wonder why your sent back Apple looks different or works different - and if you do, simple answer: It ain't yours!!!

Then everything goes faster and we're all happy! Well that's wrong! So never wonder why your sent back Apple looks different or works different - and if you do, simple answer: It ain't yours!!!

I sent my PowerBook in for a screen repair, and I got the same one back. I know this because there are three huge dents in the front (that were there before :)). Did you get your data back, or was it a clean hard drive?

They definitely tell you before sending it in to backup everything. Both in the phone conversation with the tech before you get the box to send it back, and in the instructions included with the box.

On mine, they didn't send my PowerBook back. They sent me a new MacBook Pro since it had been 1.5 months and they had no idea when the part on order (screen) would arrive. Can't say I complained too much. <G>

Apparently Apple have been having a fair few stability problems with this animal...

I'd say development of Leopard has been pretty straight-forward. They haven't seeded many builds (compared to Panther and Tiger for example), but the progress has clearly been visible. The real question is whether they really _have_ many features they wouldn't talk about until Vista's out. But look at how much joy it brings to Steve Jobs to talk down Microsoft. I wouldn't be surprised if Apple _really_ brought things home with Leopard come Spring.

And jeepster: If you _really_ can't wait 'til March/April, I'd get a new Mac now. It'll be good to you. Then update to Leopard in Autumn. 10.5.2 will be _much_ better than 10.5.0. ;)

Hello everybody! I am new to the site nowonder.com
Could anyone, please, advise if there is a lot of
spam and unscrupulous advertising. Can I trust
all this information, which is present at this forum?
Sorry for stupid questions, I just really want know which
information I should trust or even pay attention.

1.) Wrong thread.
2.) Strange question.
3.) Ask your open mind whether you can trust any information given anywhere.

Hello everybody! I am new to the site nowonder.com
Could anyone, please, advise if there is a lot of
spam and unscrupulous advertising. Can I trust
all this information, which is present at this forum?
Sorry for stupid questions, I just really want know which
information I should trust or even pay attention.

If I were to say that you are a complete dunderhead, would you take it seriously? This is a fairly open forum, and with it you should view it with an open mind. There are a lot of very talented individuals on this forum, and most of the computer-related information is spot-on.

Back