I Cannot Use Airport Card With a Wireless G604t Router

Paperino

Registered
I have a PB Alu 17" 1,33 GHz with an AirPort Extreme card onboard and 10.3.8 installed.
I cannot succeed in making a wireless connection between AirPort Extreme card and a D-Link G604T wireless router (all is OK via Ethernet cable).
I go in AirPort menu, then --> "Turn AirPort On".
I go again in AirPort menu, then --> "Create Network..."; I fill name with router's SSID and I choose 6 as Channel number (as it is in router settings). Now click OK.
What I get in Internect Connect is a connection between PB and... PB!!! Signal Level is at maximum (obviously!), Status says "Computer to Computer".
Indeed I can choose whatever name and whichever channel number, I get always a "self-network".
What is more absurd, if I turn AirPort off and then on again Signal Level goes to zero, and Status says "Out of range of "Paperino's Powerbook" - Status not available". I have to "Create Network..." again!!!!
Have I to choose "802.1X" in Internet Connect? If I do so (previously creating a configuration "Wireless", with AirPort as Network port and inserting router's SSID in "Wireless Network" field), then click on Connect button, I get a "There was an error joining the selected AirPort network".
Where was it wrong? Help me please!

Paperino

Back