I can't stop my MySQL

Matsaki

Registered
I downloaded a the newer version directly from mysql and made a install. Now I can't stop mysql from running. I throw away the strat/stop in prefpane too. But as soon as I stop mysql it restart's after 3 seconds??

I am wondering if I have 2 mysql running also. The original in the box and the new one. Now I'm at a stage where I have to solve this problem and I am truly not good with UNIX andMySQL commands to see what's wrong or what to do.

So help would be much appreciated.

Again I almost don't know anything how to use the terminal.

Thanks!

I unistalled my MySQL "mysql-5.4.1-beta-osx10.5-x86_64" from the /usr/local from a tutorial. NUT as I said I must have another MySQL running somewhere else as my MySQL client is working and I can see that a MySQL is running.

But how will I find it??

If I make a: php -i | grep API

I get:

MacBookPro:~ matsaki$ php -i | grep API
PHP Warning: Directive 'register_long_arrays' is deprecated in PHP 5.3 and greater in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: Directive 'magic_quotes_gpc' is deprecated in PHP 5.3 and greater in Unknown on line 0
Server API => Command Line Interface
PHP API => 20090626
Zend Extension Build => API220090626,NTS
PHP Extension Build => API20090626,NTS
DOM/XML API Version => 20031129
API Version => 3001
Client API version => mysqlnd 5.0.5-dev - 081106 - $Revision: 1.3.2.27 $
Client API library version => mysqlnd 5.0.5-dev - 081106 - $Revision: 1.3.2.27 $
Phar API version => 1.1.1

Last edited:
I'm trying my best. If you know how to find it please tell me. I tried
Code:
find / -name *5.0.5-dev*
without luck.

No it looks like that, but why do I get:

PHP Warning: Directive 'register_long_arrays' is deprecated in PHP 5.3 and greater in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: Directive 'magic_quotes_gpc' is deprecated in PHP 5.3 and greater in Unknown on line 0
Server API => Command Line Interface
PHP API => 20090626
Zend Extension Build => API220090626,NTS
PHP Extension Build => API20090626,NTS
DOM/XML API Version => 20031129
API Version => 3001
Client API library version => mysqlnd 5.0.5-dev - 081106 - $Revision: 1.3.2.27 $
Phar API version => 1.1.1

When I run "php -i | grep API"

and in my "<?php phpinfo() ?> file, I get the output:

Client API version mysqlnd 5.0.5-dev - 081106 - $Revision: 1.3.2.27 $
Persistent cache enabled
??

I also downloaded MAMP and trying to run that one. MySQL seems to start, but Apache wont start and there is nothing in the error log. Something is wrong :(

Because those are the php extensions and the version numbers of those extensions that allow php to interact with a mySQL server... they do NOT indicate that there is actually a mySQL server running on the machine, though.

I get the same output from...
Code:
php -i | grep API
...and I am 100% certain there is no mySQL server running on my machine.

Ok thanks :)

Now I just have to figure out how MAMP is working and why my local websites and my MySQL admin program is not working with MAMP. I managed to make Apache running by turing off "Web sharing" in he prefs. Than MAMP starts the Apache.

Another night trying to get things right!

Local websites are usually stored under ~/Sites and/or /Library/WebServer/Documents for the built-in Apache web server, used with the "Web Sharing" option in the "Sharing" pane of the System Preferences.

MAMP may store website files in a different location on your hard drive. I'm sure the MAMP documentation specifies these locations -- are they the same location(s) as the built-in Apache, or do you need to move your website files to a different folder?

I managed to make Apache running by turing off "Web sharing" in he prefs. Than MAMP starts the Apache.
This is because you either need to use MAMP or the built-in "Web Sharing" to control your web server -- trying to run both at the same time will only lead to frustration and errors. It requires special directives in the Apache config files and port finagling to be able to run two web servers on one machine. MAMP and the built-in Apache web server are not configured to run this way.

Pick either MAMP or built-in, and turn the other off.

Last edited:
I agree and will do more reading. But why my MySQL client (Navicat) don't find the databases or can connect to MySQL is a bitt harder.

Thanks for all the help guys :)

Back