i cant's sudo anymore..

arri

Registered
at one point sudo stopped accepting my (admin) password.

i'm using the terminal all the time, and need to execute commands as root often, so right now i'm stuck.

as a quick work-around i thought to just add myself (user) to /etc/sudoers, but that doesn't work either.

i can't tell what whould have caused this behaviour.
trying to solve the problem in the meanwhile i did an upgrade to 10.4.8 and all the disk-permission-check stuff.. nothing helped.

does anyone have any idea where i could have gone wrong?
any help is very much appreciated!

gr
arri

yes.
i can perform any action that requires admin privileges in the finder/gui without a problem.

but there's a lot of stuff i can't do from the GUI/finder, and i need root/sudo for!

i've searched high and low, and found many posts on several forums around the net about the same problem, but i didn't manage to use any of the there mentioned solutions to solve my problem.

i suspect it might have to do with the terminal and the bash-shell, since the only thing i have been doing that comes close to being a potential cause, is that i was configuring Terminal.app to run certain commands at start-up and when opening new terminal-windows.
ofcourse i reversed that (deleting terminal-prefs and .Term files etc..) but that didn't help.

i hope someone knows what's going on..

some info;
- i did repair disk-permissions
- i've added myself to /etc/sudoers (as root in single-usermode)
- uid and gid are correct
- just upgraded from 10.4.6 to 10.4.8, but that didn't solve it either

i can su or login as root fine..

for testing i just created a new user-account with admin-rights.
that new account is also not able to use sudo...

i found many posts about the same problem on several fora on the web, from as early as 2000 (pre osx 10.0) till now (10.4.8), but none of the solutions there apply to my situation..

grrr

Back