I caught versiontracker at just the right time

Jadey

sosumi
Remember the ups and downs versiontracker was having last weekend? Well being the addict I am, I was checking it every few minutes to see if it was up. I caught this screen shot. One minute later it was gone.

Attachments

• versiontracker.jpg
    versiontracker.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 76
Honest Admin, I did see anything! I adverted my eyes when it came up that time last week.

;)

Yeah, they switched providers. They were only down for about 3 hours for that switch. I found out as I was trying to post a software update right before they switched. I uploaded. VersionTracker went down. I thought I caused it for a minute.

A few hours later my app was up. I was happy. They really handled it well in my opinion. All the same, that screen shot's pretty sweet.

Or wait, was that this site that switched providers. I need to get more sleep.

Strange that they did not use the standard procedure of keeping the old server while at the same time migrating and upgrading to the new one. After all is ok on the new site, dns change and voila.

We do this all the time, using <test>.<site>.com to test on a new 'site' version or by using a 'host' file to point to the new server ip with the old domain name.

Amateurish...

dani++

you can't do a dually site swap if your site is dependent on unique data. For massive PHP sites from SQL tables with users making the content (both here and versionTracker) you just have to move. It's worse if people think they are adding content and then it mysteriously disappears.

Back