I crashed MAC OS X

patrickv

Registered
Well I launched Classic, then Adeptec Toast and plugged my firewire CD burner... It didn't work... could see the device, so I unplugged the firewire port... then a warning came and before really responding to it(asking if I could undo the thing I did) UNIX came out and I had a DOS-kinda sensation.. text coming through the OS GUI... weird... System completely crashed and couldn't be fixed by the protected memory... So... no CD burning or unplugging of FireWire devices!

PS. Bill Gates.. WET YOUR PANTIES!

You experienced a kernel panic. While *VERY* rare they can happen. Much much less than the blue screen of death anyways :D

I suspect it had to do with the firewire drive, firewire is probably still not fully implemented yet.
This has nothing to do with protected memory, as it didn't happen to a program but the core OS itself. Applications can crash 24/7/365 and not mess up your system one bit. But when the kernel expects something and it doesn't happen, that's when the OS crashes.

Be sure to send your interesting feedback to Apple!

I had the same kernal panic when i turned off my firewire burner but when i rebooted my password wouldnt work anymore

Back