I don't understand windows

Went to a LAN once, and this guy saw I had a mac - he was totally amazed that it looked so much like Windows.

Apparently his only experience with Macs was at school where they all had At Ease on them - and he assumed that was the standard Mac GUI.

Sorry... as a Windows user since.... 1992, i can tell you,

YES ALL VERSIONS BESIDES WINDOWS 2000 AND WINDOWS XP SUCK!

Windows 2000 and Windows XP are both great operating systems compared to 95, 98, ME.

but they all suck compared to OS X! :)

I just used xp just a little while ago (before i made a new post).
To tell you the truth, besides the compatability for most programs (they have to be made for XP), it's really good. But just like what it says above this post, that guy is right. Nothing can compare to os x!

I think anything different is fascinating for most people. Possibly not as much for Mac and Linux users though. Both account for a small percentage of the computer market and tend to be a lot more loyal to their platforms because of this.

When I was only a PC user, Linux was my main fascination.

I loved Linux because it was different than Windows. I especially loved running the WindowMaker window manager which is based off of the NeXT GUI.

There was a time, about 4 years actually, that I was anti-MS. I ran Linux exclusively at home. It was great and worked well for me. I never considered a Mac then because 1, they were rather expensive and 2, I couldn't stand OS 9.

I gave MS another chance with Windows 2000 Advanced Server. Honestly, it's a great OS.

I knew when OS X came out I would buy a Mac. I loved NeXTStep so I knew I would love OS X. My PC is being neglected more and more each day thanks to my PB G4 and OS X.

For what I use OS X and 2000 for, neither one is better than the other. I love the elegance, productivity and stability of OS X and the speed, features and stability of 2000 Advanced Server.

I didn't like XP but I hold out hope for Longhorne.

I am most excited about Jaguar right now and await my copy in the mail.

Back