I got my BRO to SWITCH to mac! After he saw GarageBand!

Ptpiz

Registered
YES IT IS TRUE... my brother (the gamer) now doesnt care about games because he thinks macs are the coolest things in the world and he has a band and everything and he wants to be creative now. He is going to buy a mac soon. Heres the story...

My brother is getting a HUGE paycheck in about 3 weeks and he is REALLY IMPATIENT AND WANTS TO GET A G4 powerbook...I was wondering should he wait a week extra to see if Apple comes out with a better powerbook g4, or does anyone not think that will happen. I am talking about a little speed improvement up from 1.25 Ghz to 1.42 or something like that? He wants a 15" powerbook and sources say an update should be out soon. But, with new G5s coming by the end of the month do you think this is likely? Thanx

I wouldn't expect a G5 powerbook till July/August. However, maybe at the end of the month we'll see some processor speed bumps in the G4 Powerbook (although I wouldn't expect them just yet).

EDIT: I would still hold off until the end of the month on any purchase. I wouldn't be surprised to see Apple release something else by the 24th (when the first Mac entered the market). I believe that date is correct.

Majore upgrades aren;t likely, like diablo says ... :)

Just go for it! Not before the iLife 04 and Garage Band are out .. lucky him! I'll get the new iLife just for that, and am anxious for the keyboard.. I would have wanted to try the example one of the keynote, but they didn't have that yesterday at my local apple store..

A welcome to your brother to the mac world ;)

I understand that Apple will be at the Electronic Imaging exhibition from 18-22 January...

Others seem to think that this will be the time for Apple to announce upgrades to the PowerMac G5 ("and at least one other model")

I would be surprised if we didn't see a speed improvement to the PowerBook in line with your post (i.e. 1.25 up to 1.42 or similar)

Apple execs are quoted as saying that there will be announcements this month that will surpass the expecatations of even the rumour sites...

I'd wait if I were your brother (I've been stung by Apple's upgrades!)

As Giaguara says though, a welcome to your bro!

ed

Back