I got to see Episode II today!

Plenty of tickets for May 16 are still available on fandango, it doesn't seem to be widely known yet. I got 4 for the Uptown in DC (the ONLY place to see movies here). Now I have to decide when we are going to get in line.

I actually got email yesterday stating that someone had pulled an Old Jedi Mind Trick on the owners of the company that I work for. My company is paying for people to go see Episode II on Friday the 17th, in the middle of the day. So not only do I get to go for free, I get a legitimate excuse to not be at work when I see it.

I tried to get them to reserve and Imperial Shuttle, but they said no go. They even looked at Landspeeder rental prices and decided on carpooling. *sigh*

Oops... I probably should not have started this as a new thread...

I love the "sound" of those "seismic bombs", but could live without the C3po puns.

I'll reserve all of my other comments until after you all get a chance to see it...

Originally posted by nkuvu
I got to see Episode II merchandise today!!

:D

Actually, I am pretty disgusted at how much movies are cross-marketed these days. Episode II lunch boxes, candies, TV guides, magazines, toys, drinks, chips, cereal, et cetera et cetera ad nauseum. Very nauseum.
Yeah, but George Lucas started this all with the orginal Star Wars. Before that these cross promotions did not exist.

... So it is hard to complain about because that just comes with the Star Wars territory.

I wasn't just referring to Star Wars merchandise. I think it's sick how much garbage is labeled with any big new movie (specifically anything Disney).

I just saw Episode 2 myself. It's really good. Nothing near the original trilogy, but definitely better than Episode 1!!!

im very envious... cant wait to see it !!!!

empire was my fave of the original trilogy and cant
wait to see the origin of boba fett...

It's definitely as dark as TESB, and it has more story than any other SW movie. After seeing it a couple of times now, I think it's a really great movie and I can't wait to see the german preview on wednesday night.
My Emperor's Guard costume is also ready :D

Back