I had a dream, hem, nightmare

chevy

Marvelous Da Vinci
Staff member
Mod
Microsoft was in all electronic devices. Computer, game, TV set, cell phone, car, wash machine, plane, airport security, FBI database, weapons,... and Bill Gates who was coordinating all that with his old friends get ill... crazy, mad. He decided to become the master of the universe.... and to use His power to reign... the Lord of Bytes.

Tell me it's impossible...

did you know that you can get sewing machines with Windows XP installed? (for patterns, I assume).

I do not lie.

what would the world be like if a version of Mac OS X were imbedable into devices such as that?

Originally posted by Hobeaux
did you know that you can get sewing machines with Windows XP installed? (for patterns, I assume).

I do not lie.

what would the world be like if a version of Mac OS X were imbedable into devices such as that?

Slow But Reliable?!

:p :p

<< RUNS AND HIDES >>

NeYo

Originally posted by ~~NeYo~~
Slow But Reliable?!

:p :p

well, slower than the xp probably. but what would be the point? how much multitasking does a sewing machine need to do? :D

i say put xp on sewing machines where it rightfully belongs. :p

now if i could just get an utlimate TV receiver with os x, that would be a different story :D

Ed, you' re the king:

Put XP where it's hidden,

Put X where it shows !

I read today that BMW, Mitsubishi, and Volvo are working with Microsoft to implement Windows CE for their trip-computers, etc. Not that I can afford BMWs nor Volvos (and Mitsubishi is just pure evil anyway), but I guess I won't be buying either brands ever (bummer, cuz I love the new Volvos). *sigh*

i hope they dont try to control cars... or all those navi things in them.. :(

hey thanx .. now i'm too scared to sleep anymore...

I have been avoiding those computerized sewing machines and patterns. Only because they are not Mac.
Now if they come out with a Mac - watch out. I'll be creating up a storm. :cool:

My Alfa is too old to have an on-board computer, and I am wild enough alone ! I don't need XP to add bugs to my own behaviour.

Hey Phatsharpie, you've got to be US based, right?

I have American friends who like Volvos, I just can't understand it. Maybe it's just the attraction of something foreign that seems exotic - I'm sure there are European enthusiasts of American cars that Americans think are rubbish!

Over here it's generally accepted that you have to be over 60 to buy a Volvo. The standard joke is that the most popular optional extra for a Volvo is the bifocal windscreen. ...... Personally, I like the way that when you open the door that little step comes out to help you get in...........:D

I didn't start this thread to have discussions about the advantages of the different cars... they are discussion groups for that purpose.

Originally posted by dave25

Over here it's generally accepted that you have to be over 60 to buy a Volvo.

By "over here" I presume you mean the UK. I don't think this can be generalised to the rest of Europe, and most certainly not the Nordic countries. Oddly, although in Finland we tend to make fun of our neighbour Sweden (and vice versa), Volvo is an extremely popular car here.

And in case nobody noticed, I am also totally OFF TOPIC.

Sorry if I have annoyed anyone by going off-topic. In an attempt to get back, but still with a car-related point, I have been investigating in-car satellite navigation systems. Built-in ones are very expensive, but it's now possible to get some quite spohisticated systems that attach to a PDA, for a more reasonable price. However, the most powerful ones (available in the UK at least) invariably need to be used with a Compaq IPAQ running Windows. Seems to me this is another (potentially large) market segment where Apple is leaving the field wide open to M$ domination.

Originally posted by dave25
I have been investigating in-car satellite navigation systems. Built-in ones are very expensive, but it's now possible to get some quite spohisticated systems that attach to a PDA, for a more reasonable price. However, the most powerful ones (available in the UK at least) invariably need to be used with a Compaq IPAQ running Windows. Seems to me this is another (potentially large) market segment where Apple is leaving the field wide open to M$ domination.

They need the power of the ARM processor... and operate on WinCE. They could perfectly operate on UNIX, but is the ARM in the iPod strng enough ? In any case it could a very interesting add-on... the iMlost.

Back