I Hate Comcast

thedbp

Frantic Messenger of Hope
So comcast switched over from @home to the AT&T network here in baltimore and man is it sucking.

first, my modem "lost" the fact that i pay for additional IP addrsses, and I can only get online with 1 computer at a time. And it sticks with THAT COMPUTER until they "repush" the modem.

They told me that my Quadra running 8.1 wasn't supported and wouldn't work, but as a lark I tried it anyway.

Now I only get internet on the Quadra :( Worst of all, their system for "repushing" is completely down, sorry, at least you have ONE computer online. Yeah, one computer on a cable modem at dialup speed thanks to the bus speed ;)

And to top it all off, I no longer have a static IP, so goodbye ssh and AppleTalk over IP.

And they raised the price.

Worst part is, most of the average users won't notice they're getting screwed...

Seamless transition my ass.

My multiple IP's work fine, but the dynamic IP and configuring using DHCP is a bitch. It took me a couple of hours to sort everything out.

I'm planning on spending all day with tech support tommorow haggling for a better price and demanding static ip addresses. Sigh.

wait a week... it will be way better... that's what happened when we were transferred from @Home... believe me, 1 week is not really bad to wait... speeds over here were significantly incresed from before when we were on @Home...

Man ditch the extra IP's! I worked for 2 years installing and configuring @home, extra IP's are a rip off, think about it 5$ per, $15x12 Thats $180.00 per year! For that much you can get a good router for a one time payment and configure it how you want. As for the dynamic IP that can be solved by using a service like dynip. It gives your network a name of your choice that doesnt change even if your IP does.

Back