I hate PageMaker!!!!!

Hi there! Guess I'm joining kinda late...
About PMaker... I did hate it, too, whenever I had to use it. Just like MDLarson, I was working on owner's manuals (translating them actually) back in Japan, where quite a few manufacturers still insist on using it (but they don't know why most of the time, it's just because all the competitors use it...). Anyways, my point is, does anybody know about my favorite DTP soft, FRAMEMAKER (Adobe, only at its best)? To me, it's one of the best ones ever produced, far better than Quark or InDesign (as far as big projects are concerned... I wouldn't use it for brochures...). Unfortunately, only few companies use it... And even fewer people know about it... But it's awesome and powerful. Can handle huge manuals with multiple files and X-references, index, TOC, ... You name it. Granted, it's not cheap. But definitely worth each cent if you have to deal with major publications.

I've heard of FrameMaker, never used it though. And I am happy to report that I am now happily using InDesign. I have much less stress now that I am on my Mac OS X machine (vs. Mac OS 9, of course).

After 20 years as a designer I can't recommend any layout App but Quark.
I started on Pagemaker. Then got the privilege of working with Quark Xpress.
There is simply no comparison. It is an infinitly mor elegant Program, renders
Stunning typographic control. Well worth the investment in both time and money. I can still use my original investment version 3.2.

Leighla, ever tried InDesign? I've been designing for 10 years, 9 of them with Quark, and I will NEVER go back. You should try it! :)

Natobasso said:
Leighla, ever tried InDesign? I've been designing for 10 years, 9 of them with Quark, and I will NEVER go back. You should try it! :)

InDesign Baby all the way!!!! Quark got nothing on it, well except the apple script menu

Back