I hate the app badges on documents in the dock!

whitesaint

cocoa love
Am i the only one who really hates the application badges on documents in the dock? I mean really why cant Apple just make it a feature, or at least somthin for pro users so they can turn it off....I can see muh documents just fine and alot better without the dumb badges. Just muh ¢2...

I thought it made perfect sense...

If you minimize an application window into the dock, a "badge", or very small icon representation of the app is applied to the lower-right hand corner of the minimized icon in the dock. Presumably, this causes some confusion or in some way makes it difficult to identify the windows you're looking for quickly...

Incidentally, I don't really mind them. I like the idea in concept, though they're only very rarely useful to me.

I'm usually all for adding additional options for everything, and improving flexibility of an app/OS, but I'm not really going for this one. I do understand that if Apple had an option for EVERYthing, it'd be a nightmare to maintain and to support. They have to draw the line somewhere, and at least in my opinion this one falls safely in the "not a big deal" side of the line.

However, they DO need quite a few more options...

i find them helpful, especially if there are many minimized apps with similar looking stuff or pages up

Let's say there was a checkbox in the Dock prefPane saying "Show badges". This could very well be turned on by default, as long as it was possible to turn off. I'm with Whitesaint on this one, this should be optional.

You can always edit the PDF pix... if you can figure out which to edit...

Back