I hate the choices on the initial macosx.com page

boysimple

Some guy
we are here for the mac community, not windows or linux or whatever else is there. The rest of those topics don't even have as many posts TOTAL as does the Moac OS X: Discussion topic. Please return the sections back to the way they used to be with the Mac page coming up first. Usability wise it just makes more sense - though it does get more banner ad impressions....

E

The windows forum is for discussions Windows on Mac (through Virtual PC, etc.) or networking with windows. Likewise with Linux.

The only suggestion I would make is to maybe have Site Discussion at the bottom 'cause too many first time users hit the very top category and post Mac OS X questions into the Site News forum.

The problem with putting ALL OUR FORUMS on the main page is that it takes awhile to load, and cane be overwhelming for new users. Ive thought about going back many times... but as our site continues to grow and more forums are added, it will make the front page loading time even worse.

Admin

Originally posted by Admin
The problem with putting ALL OUR FORUMS on the main page is that it takes awhile to load, and cane be overwhelming for new users. Ive thought about going back many times... but as our site continues to grow and more forums are added, it will make the front page loading time even worse.

Admin
are all these forums really even necessary though? this is macosx.com... for discussion of mac os x, at least thats what i would assume. there's waaaaaay too many forums in my opinion. its just overwhelming, especially for new people i think...

Back