I installed but... PLEEZE HELP

raider87

Registered
hello, i have a beige g3 266mhz cpu upgraded to 500. it has a 30 gig hard drive installed, and it is holding a "slave" position. the master hd is 4 gigs and it is run with mac os 9. i wanted to try out os x and i installed it to the slave hd. it said installation was successful and told me to restart. i did, and it went back to OS 9, and my slave hard drive was gone!!! what do i have to do, to be able to switch back and forth to use OS 9 and X. do i have to make the extra hard drive a Master, or is there anything else i have to do.
oh yes i forgot.
after installing, my os 9, my cpu can't locate any cd that is inside, is there a chance that os x is doing crazy things? thank you

Originally posted by raider87
i wanted to try out os x and i installed it to the slave hd. it said installation was successful and told me to restart. i did, and it went back to OS 9, and my slave hard drive was gone!!! what do i have to do, to be able to switch back and forth to use OS 9 and X. do i have to make the extra hard drive a Master, or is there anything else i have to do.

You always should read the readme files. It stated clearly that OSX on slave drives is not supported yet. You should always install it on the master drive.

What you have to do know:
First look with HD setup (i your OS 9/Apple Extra's) folder if you can reformat the missing HD. I think you should be able to do that.
I do not know what to do about your CD problem.
Sorry.

DJ

Back